This solution installs on WordPress framework (most popular site framework powering 1/5 of top online sites with increased reliability and security).
You need to have WP running on your site before installing Live Streaming functionality.
If you host with us, WP can be installed automatically from CPanel with Softaculous. Our staff can also assist on request.
II. Plugin Installation
Before installing, make sure your hosting environment meets all requirements.
- If you’re not hosting RTMP with us go to RTMP Application Setup for installation details. Our plans include management of rtmp side and rtmp address is provided with hosting info.
- Search the VideoWhisper Live Streaming plugin and install it directly from WordPress admin area OR download latest WordPress PHP + Widget Plugin zip version and copy the files from the zip file including folder structure to your wordpress plugins folder: you should obtain wp-content/plugins/videowhisper-live-streaming-integration .
Always update plugin to latest version when adviced from WP backend.
- Enable the plugin from WordPress admin area and fill the settings, including rtmp address there.
Navigate in WP admin dashboard to Live Streaming > Documentation menu where you will find a Quick Setup Tutorial section with steps and links to configure plugin. Briefly:
- From Live Streaming > Settings in WP backend and configure settings (it’s compulsory to fill a valid RTMP hosting address – see requirements)
- From Appearance > Menus add Channels and Broadcast Live pages to main site menu
- From Settings > Permalinks enable a SEO friendly structure (recommended: Post name). This requires mod_rewrite with Apache.
- Install and enable a billing plugin to allow owners to sell channel access
- Install and enable the VideoShareVOD plugin to enable video broadcast archiving, video publishing, management.
- Optionally, if you want to enable membership upgrades based on same tokens billing system used for content access and tips, add the Paid Membership plugin.
Plugin uses WP shortcodes and hooks (actions, filters) to implement its functionality so most themes that meet WP standards will work.
A theme with wide content area (preferably full page width) should be used so videochat interface can use most of the space.
Get a professional WordPress theme to skin site.
Some tested themes: Jupiter, Impreza, Elision, Sweet Date 4U.
- Features: After ordering solution and setting up existing editions, VideoWhisper.com staff can customize these for additional fees depending on exact requirements.
- Logo: You can start from a professional logo template.