Publish RTSP IP Camera / Stream to Website
Browsers can’t play RTSP directly, so streams need to be converted and delivered in suitable formats. Solution involves specific software and streaming server configuration that permits inputing streams including RTSP from IP camera or similar sources and outputting to website formats, accessible in browser.
Next step is to fill IP Camera RTSP or Stream address. This step provides more details about format and allows retrying based on AJAX.
IP CAMERA/STREAM ACCESS REQUIREMENTS:
- You will need the stream address of your ip camera or stream. Insert address exactly as it works in VLC or other player (test before submitting).
- Address should start with one of these supported protocols: rtsp://, rtmp://, udp://, rtmps://, wowz://, wowzs:// or https:// if ending in m3u8 (HLS).
- For increased playback support, H264 video with AAC audio encoded streams should be configured if possible, from IP Camera / Streaming source settings.
- For IP cameras, you can find RTSP address in its documentation: ask the camera provider or find it online.
- Username and password of IP camera / stream needs to be specified if needed to access that stream.
- Port needs to be specified if different from default for that protocol. Non standard ports may be rejected by firewall (contact site administrator).
- If device/stream does not have a public address, your local network administrator will need to Forward Camera Port trough Router.
- If your network is not publicly accessible (your ISP did not allocate a static public IP), your local network administrator may need to setup Dynamic DNS for external access.
If streaming server can access the stream a snapshot will be shown and channel can be added.
Channel is then accessible on site.
Channel shows in Flash web based channel interface using direct stream. Some encodings may not play directly and require transcoding.
Live channel is accessible in HTML5 browsers as HLS, MPEG-DASH after transcoding. Transcoding makes streams suitable for HTML5 playback.
Live channel is also listed automatically in channels list after updating snapshot.